The Polar Bear Plunge at Wildwood, presented by Law Enforcement Torch Run, is a unique opportunity for individuals, organizations, and businesses to support Special Olympics New Jersey athletes by jumping into the frigid Atlantic waters during January.
Virtual Plungers are encouraged to participate as an individual or with friends, family, and colleagues. As a Virtual Plunger, you will fundraise and receive the coveted Plunge sweatshirt but will have the ability to be creative and film your own Plunge at home by March 27th. If you have registered for the virtual Plunge, you will receive all earned incentives via mail to the address provided at registration.
How do I become a virtual Plunger?
- REGISTER: Sign up to be a virtual Polar Bear Plunger!
- PLUNGE PREP: Decide how you want to complete your virtual plunge. Will it be water balloons, a kiddie pool, super soakers…be creative.
- FUNDRAISE: Use our tools and resources to bring in donations.
- FILM YOUR PLUNGE: Film yourself plunging at home. View our best practices to assist in your filming.
- SUBMIT YOUR PLUNGE: Upload your amazing virtual plunge on our website and/or on Facebook!
Virtual Plunge Options:
Here’s your chance to get creative
- Bucket of ice water
- Super soakers
- Water balloons
- Sprinkler run
- Kiddie pool/Swimming pool
- Ice bath
- Water hose spray
Frequently Asked Questions
ALL PLUNGERS must raise a minimum of $100. If plunging as a team, ALL TEAM MEMBERS are still required to raise at least $100. Charitable contributions are non-refundable, and the minimum plunge requirement is considered a contribution, and therefore, non-refundable.
Our participants look forward to the awesome Plunge gear every year! Please take a look at our incentives page for the levels based on individual fundraising goals.
There is no age requirement to participate in a Polar Bear Plunge. Young children are welcome to join, but that decision is up to the child's parent or guardian. A waiver is included in the online registration process, and it must be approved or "clicked," by an adult. Those under 18 years of age are required to have a parent or guardian present at the event. If you do not register online, paper waivers are available at registration, as well.
If you still have questions about the Plunge, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.