The Polar Bear Plunge at Wildwood, presented by Law Enforcement Torch Run, is a unique opportunity for individuals, organizations, and businesses to support Special Olympics New Jersey athletes by jumping into the frigid Atlantic waters during January.
Plunge Schedule and Location
10:00 a.m. – Registration Opens
12:45 p.m. – Plungers head to the beach
1:00 p.m. – PLUNGE!!!
1:15 p.m. – Lunch
Wildwoods Convention Center – 4501 Boardwalk, Wildwood, NJ, US
We encourage all plungers to register early to avoid the plunge minimum increase and to allow ample time for fundraising.
Early Bear ($100 minimum): September – December 31
Late Bear ($110 minimum): January 1 – January 12
On-Site Bear ($125): January 13
REGISTERING FOR THE IN-PERSON PLUNGE
Here’s how to get started:
- Register online for $25 to get started and set up a customizable fundraising page
- The great news is the $25 registration fee counts toward the minimum. Want to reach the minimum now? You can add an additional donation during the checkout process to get you there.
- Once registered, share your fundraising page with family and friends via email and social media. Track donations right from your fundraising page, respond to donors and monitor fundraising progress as you get closer to your minimum.
- Don’t stop there! As you raise more money for Special Olympics New Jersey, you will also earn some fresh Polar Bear Plunge incentives. Check out the Plunge Incentive page to see what you can earn.
ALL PLUNGERS, INCLUDING TEAMS AND TEAM MEMBERS, MUST RAISE THE MINIMUM TO PARTICIPATE.
- If you have donation checks to submit, please use the offline donation form that contains instructions on how and where to send them. Please send offline donation forms and checks postmarked no later than January 9.
- If you have cash to turn in, we suggest you consider making an online donation to your fundraising page for the cash total. Alternatively, you can use cash to purchase a money order. You can then send in a money order just as you would send a check using the offline donation form. Please DO NOT send cash via mail.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have questions about the Plunge, contact us at email@example.com.