The Polar Bear Plunge at Wildwood is so much more than an icy dip into the Atlantic Ocean. Special Olympics New Jersey provides year-round sports training, competition, leadership opportunities, and health screenings to more than 26,000 athletes. All of these programs and services are always completely FREE thanks to fundraising events like the Polar Bear Plunge at Wildwood.
About Virtual Polar Bear Plunge at Wildwood
- Virtual Plunge Registration
- When do I Plunge?
- Submitting Your Virtual Plunge Videos and Photos
- Virtual Options
- Fundraising and Incentives
Virtual Plunge Registration
The Virtual Plunge is on! In these unpredictable times, we want you to be unpredictable and PLUNGE YOUR WAY! Whether you jump in a pool, have a water balloon fight, grab your favorite Super Soaker, or dump ice-cold buckets of water on yourself, have fun, be safe, and know that you are supporting more than 26,000 Special Olympics New Jersey athletes.
Get your team together (safely and socially distant) or plunge alone but be sure to send us pictures and/or video of how you decided to celebrate your virtual plunge. Get dressed up in those costumes. Break out the usual plunge props you use every year. Make the banners and signs like you normally would. Here’s how to get started:
2. The great news is the $25 registration fee counts toward the $100 minimum, meaning only $75 more needs to be raised to meet the $100 minimum to participate.
3. Once registered, share your fundraising page with family and friends via email and social media. Track donations right from your fundraising page, respond to donors, and monitor fundraising progress as you get closer to the $100 minimum.
4. Don’t stop there! As you raise more money for Special Olympics New Jersey, you will also earn some fresh Polar Bear Plunge incentives. Check out the Plunge Incentive page to see what you can earn.
When do I Plunge?
Submitting Your Virtual Plunge Videos and Photos
Fundraising and Incentives
The Polar Bear Plunge at Wildwood maybe a fundraiser benefiting Special Olympics New Jersey, but it's also a life changer for the athletes and their friends, families, and communities.
How Funds Make a Real Impact
For over 50 years, Special Olympics New Jersey has provided year-round sports training, competition, leadership opportunities, and health screenings for thousands of athletes. All of these programs and services are completely FREE of charge, thanks to fundraising events like the Polar Bear Plunge at Wildwood. Look below for a glimpse at how these funds are making a real impact!